Copyright & Legal Issues
The article "Subway Found Below The Pyramids" © Telegraph Group
Limited, London, 1935, used with permission. The article "A Causeway
To The Second Pyramid - Secrets Of The Sphinx" © The Illustrated
London News Picture Library, used with permission. The article "Door
In The Dark" © The Telegraph Group Limited, used with permission.
The article "Pyramids And Their Purpose" © Antiquity Publications
Ltd, used with permission. The EGYPTNEWS press release "The Water Shaft
- The Facts" © EGYPTNEWS/Chris Ogilvie-Herald/Ian Lawton 1998, used
with permission. The article "Will This Tunnel Lead Us To The Treasure
Of The Pharaoh?" © London Daily Mail, used with permission. The
article "A Romantic Figure Of Ancient Egypt" © London Daily Mail,
used with permission. Simon Cox's rebuttal © Simon Cox, used with
permission. All Shaft, Subway and Causeway pictures © Nigel Skinner-Simpson
1998. All musical content listed on the "Musical" page is © N. A.
Skinner-Simpson 1996-1998. The "Sinking Feeling" video © 2000 N.
A. Skinner-Simpson, with music and lyrics © 2000 Dale Ashman. The
pictures of the Great Pyramid and the Sphinx on the Egypt pages are © S.
R. Simpson unless otherwise noted. I attempted to get permission to reproduce
the "Sphinx Excavations" article from the Nova website but was unable
to get past the automated response presumably sent to all correspondents.
The article remains the copyright of the Nova website. All "Gantenbrink
Updates" material used with permission. The origin of the circus video
and the humorous items on "Funny Stuff" is unknown. The graphics from
the FOX TV Special "Opening The Lost Tombs" are reproduced under the
'fair use' guidelines of international copyright law, i.e. for the purposes
of criticism and review, and are © Radio...With Pictures Productions
1999. Pictures in the "Tunnel Talk" article are © Ian Lawton / Chris
Ogilvie-Herald, used with permission.
All written material except where otherwise noted © 1996-2006 N.
A. Skinner-Simpson, all rights reserved. So there.
- Issue 27 - 18th August 2016, replaced dead links in shaftidx,
shaftlinks, gantenbk, and shafted3 pages with links sourced from
- Issue 26c - 14th August 2009, Stopgap update, intro rewritten
on home page, news item about continued third level watershaft exploration
added to shaftindex page, links updated.
- Issue 26b - 28th January 2007: Minor tweaks to the shaftlinks
- Issue 26a - 8th December 2006: News of the exploration of
the Queen's Chamber shafts in Feb'07 added to the Gantenbrink page
along with the removal of redundant reports on the functioning of the
Great Pyramid air cooling system.
- Issue 26 - 10th March 2006: New interview and programme transcripts
added to page 7of Shaft, Subway Causeway. An external links page has
also been added.
- Issue 25c - 1st September 2004: Phenomena magazine "Tunnel
Talk" article added to "Shaft, Subway, Causeway" as page 9. More to
come if I live long enough...
- Issue 25b - 27th May 2004: Minor tweaks to "Funny Stuff" to
remove outdated references and incorporate better quality videos of
the Luxor Sheraton House Band. Site feedback indicates that the Circus
video is still ridiculously popular. Minor tweaks to "Egyptian Stuff" to
reflect the current Phenomena magazine situation and reintroduce The
Daily Grail a.k.a Duat Magazine. Also realised that tweaks are needed
on "Musical Stuff" but it's too damn late to do it tonight. Exciting "Shaft,
Subway, Causeway" updates still to come (he said hopefully).
- Issue 25a - 6th December 2003: "Egyptian Stuff" has been fully
revised and updated. Some additional information has been added to
the "Up-to-date" section of "Gantenbrink's Door".
- Issue 25 - 1st December 2003: Wow! It has been two whole years
since I last considered an update significant enough to upissue! The
reason is a major revision and update to the series "The Shaft, The
Subway & The Causeway".
- Issue 24h - 1st October 2002: Towers musings on what lies
behind the shaft doors added to the Gantenbrink Page.
- Issue 24g - 26th August 2002: New report on the operation
of the Great Pyramid Ventilation System added to the Gantenbrink Page.
- Issue 24f - 8th August 2002: "Gantenbrink's Door" opening
date and method added to the Gantenbrink page.
- Issue 24e - 4th August 2002: New GP ventilation system reports
added to the Gantenbrink page. Streaming mp3 links now working again
on the Music page. Apparently, they stopped working with the release
of RealPlayer 8.
- Issue 24d - 23rd June 2002: No substantive updates, more a
case of flushing out the dead links and addng some new ones. A very
brief news report regarding the exploration of the Queen's Chamber
airshaft has been added to the Gantenbrink page along with another
report on the (non)operation of the Great Pyramid ventilation scheme.
- Issue 24c - 1st May 2002: Notice of delay on Gantenbrink news
- Issue 24b - 17th April 2002: Minor tweak to the Gantenbrink
page, latest news updated.
- Issue 24a - 10th February 2002: Minor tweaks - references
to EGYPTNEWS removed or updated to reflect the closure of the service
in January 2002.
- Issue 24 - 9th December 2001: Gantenbrink page revised and
expanded to include developments since the initial discovery of the "door" and
more news on the ventilation system.
- Issue 23 - 30th June 2001: New page 8 added to "The Shaft,
The Subway & The Causeway" along with supporting pages. Shafted
pages 1, 2, 6, 7 and shaftidx revised, Egypt page tweaked, front page
updated. Making use of CSS1 to set the font etc, Unfortunately, Netscape
Navigator's implementation of CSS is very wobbly. This update is only
three weeks late. I must be improving...
- Issue 22 - Feb/March/April 2001 rolling updates: BBS added,
new format for front page with additional updates page, download advice
page added to music page, technical changes related to active links,
pre-loading of images, target frames and the button bar made throughout
the site. Tedious ain't the word... The technical changes mean that
I can now launch the frames version of the site if I ever decide to
let it out.
- Issue 21 - 3rd February 2001: New colour scheme introduced,
Music Page updated with mp3 files replacing the RealAudio and WAV files
(withdrawn), section on Dale Ashman added, "Stroll On" mpeg video link
added, various tweaks throughout the site, mostly minor changes to
content. I really must get round to doing that major update on the
Egyptian section ...
- Issue 20 - under construction June 2000: Incorporation of
to viewers. Boggled page has been withdrawn.
- Issue 19 - 9th June 2000: The Shaft, The Subway & The
Causeway page 4 rewritten and opened up for general consumption, new
page 7 added, Shaftidx updated. Secret Agent link removed from the
Crazy Page, Teletubbies link removed from the Crazy Page (nurse...
- Issue 18 - March 2000. Work in progress once again following
medical problems, see homepage.
- Issue 17 - 14th July 1999. Gantenbrink Updates introduction
updated. Removed Mystical Matters from the Universe page because the
off-site link had changed somewhat. Amended EGYPTNEWS sign-on instructions.
Illustrated London News item added to Shafted3. "Symbolic Prophecy" and "Hamilton
Wright"-related material moved from Shafted3 to a new Shafted6 page
because page 3 was getting too long.. Shafted contents page updated.
Egyptian Stuff sections on Gantenbrink and Shaft, Subway, Causeway
- Issue 16 - 8th May 1999. Three pages added to the Shafted...
series to cover the FOX TV Special, added a Shafted contents page to
make navigation easier. Inter-page links on all Shafted pages have
been rationalised. Egyptian Stuff updated to point to the new Shafted
contents page. Front page updated.
- Issue 15e - 21st March 1999: Oops! Amended Index/Homepage
to apologise for late arrival of the FOX item, also on Egyptian Stuff.
Art Bell/Hawass interview (on-line only) reinstated on Egyptian Stuff.
- Issue 15d - 16th March 1999: Added forecast upload date for
the FOX programme update to Index/Homepage and Egyptian Stuff.
- Issue 15c - 4th March 1999: Forthcoming FOX programme update
added to Index/Homepage and Egyptian Stuff, Dead Hawass interview links
removed from Egyptian Stuff, Project Duat added to Egyptian Stuff.
- Issue 15b - 6th February 1999: Crazy Stuff, new link added
to 'alien autopsy' section.
- Issue 15a - 3rd February 1999: Daily Mail copyright clearance
obtained, Meidum article uploaded.
- Issue 15 - 30th January 1999: Funny Stuff, added some laughs,
Index/Homepage, updated to reflect changes, Egypt Stuff revised and
updated, added Antiquity article Pyramids And Their Purpose, EGYPTNEWS
press release, revised and updated The Shaft, The Subway & The
Causeway pages 2 and 3. Unfortunately, Daily Mail copyright clearance
was not obtained in time so the item on Meidum excavations in 1930
will have to be uploaded separately.
- Issue 14 - 28th October 1998: The Shaft, The Subway & The
Causeway / 3 added. Minor changes to pages 1 and 2. Egypt page "Shaft" section
- Issue 13 - 22nd September 1998: The Shaft, The Subway & The
Causeway 1/2 - pages updated to reflect that the "tunnel" at the bottom
of the first shaft is actually the entrance to Hassan's rectangular
chamber, dead Magical Eye links removed from Shafted2.
- Issue 12a - 13th August 1998: The Shaft, The Subway & The
Causeway / 2 - Enter Dr Hawass updated with the latest news from the
A.R.E. Conference, Virginia Beach, August'98.
- Issue 12 - 11th August 1998: New page added to The Shaft,
The Subway & The Causeway story, Egyptian Stuff page updated with
respect to Operation Hermes, Dr Hawass and Shaft sections, Gantenbrink
Updates tweaked again to indicate still no response from Dr Hawass.
- Issue 11a - 23rd July 1998: Minor tweaks: Apology for delays
added to Homepage, statement added to Egypt page about the current
non-availability of the Guardian's Egypt and The Plateau sites, Gantenbrink
Updates tweaked to indicate still no response from Dr Hawass, new Roswell
links added, all off-site links checked and functional except as noted..
- Issue 11 - 1st July 1998: Shaft Mystery page added, Simon
Cox's email address added to Chambers page, Egypt page, Gantenbrink
page and Homepage updated.
- Issue 10 - 26th June 1998: Gantenbrink Update, Pyramid Chambers
articles added, Egypt page updated and extended, homepage updated.
- Issue 9 - 23rd December 1997: Relocate to Cable Internet.
Streaming RealAudio arrives on the music page, new additions to the
Egypt page, circus video added, mystical matters moved from Crazy Stuff
to Universal Stuff, some graphics actually move.
- Issue 8 - 16th April 1997: "Door In The Dark" and "Sphinx
Excavations" articles added.
- Issue 7 - 6th March 1997: RealAudio downloadable stuff added
to Musical Stuff.
- Issue 6 - 8th February 1997: "All Change!" as the pages are
recreated in a new form using HotMetal Light prior to the move from
CompuServe to AOL. The original site name "Big Ears Bonanza" and associated "Big
Ears" page names are dropped because they're too silly. New material
added to the "Universal" page, more music added to the "Music" page,
Toiletcat is no more..., "Egypt" page added.
- Issue 5 - 24th November 1996: Sound arrives on the music page!
References to Tonka! (The Band) deleted.
- Issue 4 - 4th October 1996: Hideous likeness added to the
homepage. The picture was taken at work using a digital camera. The
camera recovered fully from the ordeal after a brief period of hospitalisation.
Link to Dilbert page added.
- Issue 3 - 12th September 1996: Modifications to the homepage
to include references to the new cartoon page, plus various minor corrections.
- Issue 2 - 24th June 1996: Whoops! Roswell section on the Boggled
page amended to remove potentially libellous references to a well known
burger chain, also added CoolEdit to the Music page.
- Issue 1 - 23rd June 1996: The bonanza begins!
Disclaimer: Some material has been supplied by or has originated
from external sources. It is the general policy of this site to always
try to obtain permission to reproduce such items. In some cases, it
has not proved possible to contact the source. Any such material will
be removed forthwith on request to nigel
skinner-simpson. Material from external sources does not necessarily
reflect my own views.